Monday, March 21, 2005

Rain Gently Flaws?

It was nearly mid afternoon. I was inside my car on my way to Monumento via Mcarthur highway, when I saw this crazy man causing a small build up of traffic because he was shouting at every cars passing by him in the middle of the highway. As I was staring at him he looked back at me and barked at me, “You! You cause the rain to bleed!” as I overheard him inside my car and after a few seconds he then ran.
I thought of rain bleeding and that of a shadowed figure of a crazy man shouting at me. And at that moment I asked myself what would cause the rain to bleed? Stream of Bloodied idea came to my mind as I cruise Mcarthur highway. Of how floods at Karuhatan and Marulas would turn blood red and a man with a staff would raise his hand to heaven and yell, “you are free servants of Egypt!” (Only that we are not in Egypt) or all white fitted shirts would turn pink when drenched by rain blood, or how would every typhoon would be classified as type b or type o (we would never have to worry ‘bout blood banks lacking of a certain blood type anymore ey?) or how aswangs would have their street party each time it rains.
Crazy as it may sound, a rain bleeding, is as absurd as war going on in Mindanao or the Philippine government (if there is any) trying to convince its people that the proposed VAT increase would not affect small people (who are you trying to persuade?). Of war in Mindanao and the VAT increase I think it would be a matter of time that the rain would bleed.

No comments: